The RECARO Guardia combines safety, comfort, and design in a next-generation infant carrier. Whether in combination with the matching RECARO SmartClick base or installed using the car’s seat belt, in the Guardia your baby is well protected and comfortable on the road from day one.Locate retailers
The child seat can also be used with the car's own three-point safety belt.
Advanced Side Protection
Special protection in the event of a side impact.
Can be installed in the car rearward facing.
RECARO HERO Safety System
Innovative HERO Safety System.
Lightweight and easy to carry.
The RECARO SMARTfit System combines design and functionality for intuitive and secure handling.
ECE Regulation R44/04
Testing regulation which the seat has passed.
- At only 4.1 kg Guardia is one of the lightest seats in its class
- HERO safety system prevents belts from slipping or twisting and makes buckling up easy
- Operating elements of contrasting colour for easy and safe handling
- Combination with the RECARO SmartClick base* or the RECARO fix base for comfortable installation and maximum safety
- All RECARO infant carriers have been tested by the German institute TÜV Rheinland and found suitable “for use in aircraft”*
- The smart design creates enough space between the handle and sun canopy for comfortable carrying. The fold-out sun visors and mesh insert ensure the best sun protection (UV40+) and air circulation.
- Inlay cushion for newborns
- Ergonomic handle for comfortable carrying
- Secure with car's 3-point belt or with the RECARO SmartClick base / RECARO fix base (accessory)
Downloads & Manuals
Guardia - Manual EU
Privia Evo/Guardia - Manual Aircraft DE/EN
Priva Evo/Guardia - Type list stroller DE/EN
SmartClick Base - Manual EU
Is the Guardia compatible with my vehicle?
Please always check your car’s manual for possible notes/instructions/prohibitions from the manufacturer regarding the use of child seats in your car!
Sorry, this seat is not approved for your vehicle.
Reasons for denied approval can be:
- Limited space for the child seat
- 3-point-belt is too short
- After fixation at the car's Isofix connection the seat covers the buckle; a safe fixation with the 3-point-belt is not guaranteed any more (Group I/II/III)
- Headrest of the car is not removable and prevents the child seat from being placed correctly
- Storage compartment in the foot area does not allow installation with Isofix base (Group 0+/I)
Safety notes for using RECARO Child Seats
Child seats with an ISOfix connection:
If the vehicle has a floor storage compartment, using an Isofix base is restricted.
This is dependent on whether the support leg of the base can be placed on the floor of the storage compartment (if necessary, remove cover) or if the vehicle manufacturer offers appropriate filling elements as an accessory to prevent the lid from breaking through.
Please read your vehicle's user manual thoroughly or contact your car dealership on this subject.
If these possibilities are not given we can't confirm the safe use of an Isofix system with support leg in combination with a floor storage compartment.
Thank you for your understanding.