As the next stage child seat, RECARO offers the Optiafix Group I seat. It has an integrated Isofix base and stands out thanks to its modern design and safety features. The HERO Safety System, innovative Advanced Side Protection (ASP), and the RECARO SMARTfit System guarantee maximum safety for children up to approximately 4.5 years of age.Locate retailers
Child seat is suitable for fixing to the car's Isofix attachements.
Advanced Side Protection
Special protection in the event of a side impact.
RECARO Air Circulation System
Passive air circulation system.
RECARO HERO Safety System
Innovative HERO Safety System.
The RECARO SMARTfit System combines design and functionality for intuitive and secure handling.
ECE Regulation R44/04
Testing regulation which the seat has passed.
- HERO safety system prevents belts from slipping or twisting and makes buckling up easy
- Colour indicators show correct installation at a glance
- Space saving, foldable wings for maximum side impact protection
- Comfortable seating foam adapts perfectly to the body shape and provides necessary support
- Setting the recline position is easy with one hand for comfortable sleeping
- Adjustable headrest and recline position
Downloads & Manuals
Optiafix - Manual EU/Asia
Is the Optiafix compatible with my vehicle?
Please always check your car’s manual for possible notes/instructions/prohibitions from the manufacturer regarding the use of child seats in your car!
Sorry, this seat is not approved for your vehicle.
Reasons for denied approval can be:
- Limited space for the child seat
- 3-point-belt is too short
- After fixation at the car's Isofix connection the seat covers the buckle; a safe fixation with the 3-point-belt is not guaranteed any more (Group I/II/III)
- Headrest of the car is not removable and prevents the child seat from being placed correctly
- Storage compartment in the foot area does not allow installation with Isofix base (Group 0+/I)
Safety notes for using RECARO Child Seats
Child seats with an ISOfix connection:
If the vehicle has a floor storage compartment, using an Isofix base is restricted.
This is dependent on whether the support leg of the base can be placed on the floor of the storage compartment (if necessary, remove cover) or if the vehicle manufacturer offers appropriate filling elements as an accessory to prevent the lid from breaking through.
Please read your vehicle's user manual thoroughly or contact your car dealership on this subject.
If these possibilities are not given we can't confirm the safe use of an Isofix system with support leg in combination with a floor storage compartment.
Thank you for your understanding.